Wednesday, December 4, 2013

Foodie Wednesday: Turkey Pot Pie

One thing I love about hosting Thanksgiving is that we end up with ALL the leftovers! We had so much turkey and were over eating sandwiches. My husband asked me to find a way to make a pot pie with the rest. I, of course, needed to find a more healthy version than your typical pot pies. I took a bits and pieces from a couple different recipes and changed a few things. I also didn't feel like slaving in the kitchen trying to make this... I am way too exhausted for that! So I cut a few corners. I would usually make the crust from scratch using whole wheat flour and I would also use fresh veggies (so if you're feeling up to that).
This recipe seriously took me 5 minutes to prep. It was easy, healthy, sooooo good and most importantly--husband approved :)





Ingredients:

- Bag of mixed frozen veggies partially thawed (corn/peas/carrots combo)
- 1/2 teaspoon of minced garlic 
- 2 cups lean cooked turkey cubed (you can sub chicken) 
- 98% fat free cream of chicken soup
- 1/2 cup almond milk
- salt & pepper to taste
- pre-packaged pie crust (feel free to make your own)
- 9" pie pan



Directions:

1) Pre-heat oven to 400 degrees. 

2) In a bowl, combine all veggies, garlic, turkey, soup, and milk.

3) Season the mixture with a generous amount of pepper and a little salt (optional).

4) Pour the filling mixture in an ungreased pie pan. 

5) Roll out your pie crust to top the filling. be sure to carefully seal the side by pinching dough to pie pan. Cut several slits in the center of the pie for steam to escape.

6) Bake for 30-35 minutes or until crust is a light golden color.

ENJOY :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment