Monday, August 26, 2013

21 Weeks: A/S Results

 


A week ago, we went in for our 20 week anatomy scan and finally got the results on Friday. I never knew how many complications or things that could go wrong during a pregnancy until now. Not that I have a lot of things going wrong.. you just never think about it before getting pregnant. Let me tell you something, when your doctor tells you when there is an issue in your pregnancy, ask them a lot of questions and DO NOT google it. You will only scare the sh*t out of yourself (I know I did).

The good news: Baby Kratt's heart is very strong and regular. He/She has all their limbs, fingers, both kidneys, 4 chambers of the heart, extremely low chance of Down Syndrome and Spina Bifada, and is growing appropriately. We couldn't be more happy about all of that!

The not-so-good-news: The tech was unable to see the umbilical cord clearly, the amniotic fluid is lower than what the doctor likes, and I have Partial Placenta Previa. The doctor said there could be many reasons to why the amniotic fluid is low and we are just going to have to keep an eye on it. Partial Placenta Previa is when your placenta is lying unusually low in your uterus and is covering part of your cervix. Since I am only 21 weeks, it isn't too big of an issue. In most cases, it will correct itself and "migrate " upwards and out of the way. If it doesn't, then that's a problem. So, the upside to all of this is that we get to see our baby again in 4 weeks to see if anything has changed!

One other things that was able to be seen at our scan is the sex of the baby!! We didn't want to find out in the ultrasound room, so we had our tech seal it in an envelope. We immediately dropped that envelope off at The Union General in Clarkston to make us some gender reveal cupcakes for our closest family and friends. We cannot wait to find out the sex with everyone for Derrick's birthday this Friday! It's driving me crazy!



Even though my pregnancy isn't going as perfectly as I thought/hoped it would, I am still happy and thankful for the perfectly healthy baby in my belly! Stressing and worrying about things that aren't going the way I want is pointless, especially when it is completely out of my hands. Now, I'm off to relax, kick my feet up, and enjoy these precious little kicks :)


No comments:

Post a Comment