Thursday, August 22, 2013

Halfway There :)

20 weeks (as of Monday) & time is starting to fly!
I am really starting to enjoy my pregnancy so much that I haven't had time to blog, haha. But seriously, I am loving being pregnant and have never felt so comfortable in my own skin :)
Let's start with the weekly bump shots we missed:




Belly is getting big and fast! Hopefully, starting on week 21, I will put my awesome chalk board to use and start doing my bump shots with that!

How far along? 20 weeks 3 days

Total weight gain/loss: like 8 pounds (I cannot stay off the scale!)
 
Maternity clothes? I've worn a maternity tank here and there just because it flatters my belly more, but my jeans and clothes still fit!! Except the bras.. I outgrew those a loonnnnggg time ago

Stretch marks? not yet and hopefully never! Keeping my belly oiled up!


Sleep: Sleeping much better than I use to that's for sure. I wake up once or twice a night, but I'm not complaining.

Best moment this week: Ahhh there's too many! These past few weeks have been awesome! Hectic, but awesome. But seeing our baby on Monday at our 20 week anatomy scan with my husband beats it all!
Movement: YES!! Makes me so excited! Little kicks and jabs. Nothing that hurts me but strong enough for my hubby to feel :)


Food cravings: Besides fruit, nothing other than what i usually eat, which I am very happy about.
Gender: No more waiting until birth!! We are finding out next Friday for Derrick's birthday!
Labor Signs: I think I still have a ways to go...
Belly Button in or out? Still in, but almost completely flat! It will be an outtie in no time.
Wedding rings on or off? On
What I miss: Beer... what I would give to have a Blue Moon!
What I am looking forward to: Finding out the sex, shopping and working on the nursery more.
Weekly Wisdom: I might have to hold off on wearing the cute little shoes until after pregnancy is over. I don't know if blisters are worth a few hours of looking cute...... who am I kidding?!? I'm a girl, that's what we do :)
Milestones: Past the halfway point! and no longer feel like I'm in the fat, puffy stage.

Derrick is convinced that bright white line in our twenty week ultrasound (picture above) is a penis. I'm pretty sure it's not... I guess we will see!

One thing we have been working on a little bit is the nursery. I am starting to nest and it is so frustrating when you drive over an hour to get to Ikea to get the one crib you REALLY want and it is discontinued :(  We were told they are suppose to bring it back in a few months, but who wants to wait that long?!
This is phase 1 of the nursery. I have it so planned out in my head what it will look like exactly. But I know it won't turn out like that... hopefully close. Even though we are finding out the sex of the baby, we are still shooting for a neutral-look room. I'm not into super gender-ized rooms or even themed rooms for that matter. I want a serene, calm nursery with a lot of artistic things in it (lots of ETSY). This is one place I CANNOT wait to spend a lot of time in :)

No comments:

Post a Comment