Thursday, September 12, 2013

SEX (of baby) & 23 Weeks

First off, we are having a GIRL!! I am so giddy about it it's ridiculous. Knowing the sex of the little human that is growing inside me has seriously helped me feel a huge connection towards her. The feeling of it actually being real, and being able to say "her" has me so excited!!

The day after Derrick's birthday is when we found out. I felt REALLY bad that I first talked Derrick into not finding out the sex and then after he got on board, I changed my mind. So I wanted to make it extra special and find out in celebration of his 27th birthday. We dropped the sealed envelope off at our favorite cupcakery, The Union General in Clarkston. They made us super delicious gender reveal cupcakes that we got to bite into with our family (most of them). Even though I know I had a terrible reaction, it was so cool to find out with people you love! 

How far along? 23 weeks 3 days

Total weight gain/loss: 9 lbs
 
Maternity clothes? It's starting to get harder to button my jeans, but maternity jeans are too big around the waist. My shirts are also starting to get shorter and shorter. Only a matter of time now....

Stretch marks? no no no


Sleep: The bigger this belly gets = the harder it is to sleep :/ and sciatia doesn't help!

Best moment this week: Getting a ton of baby girl clothes from my mom (super cute)!! We also got to see her at a 3D ultrasound which was so amazing. So unreal. Made me so in love. 

Movement: Lots of movement. I love it that whenever I poke my belly, she kicks back. Derrick says it's mean to poke her, but I think of it as a communication form :)


Food cravings: Fruit, Fruit, Fruit

Gender: GIRL :D

Labor Signs: Braxton Hicks has started!

Belly Button in or out? Surely making its way out.. 

Wedding rings on or off? On.. Well one. 
I almost completely busted 1, so that's getting fixed. 

What I miss: Beer... still. And having energy. 

What I am looking forward to: Finishing the nursery! And Christmas (haha, did I just say that?!)

Weekly Wisdom: Crying over food is perfectly okay :)

Milestones: Found out the sex of our baby and now people are noticing I'm actually pregnant (and not just fat), hooray!


And a picture from last week...


And here's our beautiful baby girl from our amazing 3D ultrasound experience: 

 
Love, love, love :)

No comments:

Post a Comment